GST Registration, Company Registration
There are three common reasons why GST Number is surrendered by Taxpayers.
1. First and most common one is discontinuation of business,
2. Second annual turnover is less than ₹ 20 Lakhs,
3. Any other valid reason.
As you have not specified reason why you want to surrender GST Number.
If you want to surrender GST because your business discontinued :
* Make application for cancellation of GST Number in GST Registration Form-16.
* Provide details of stocks in hand.
* Disclose Liabilities.
* Payments made.
GST Officers will examine your application and if satisfied, issue GST Registration Form-19 for cancellation of GST within 30 days.
If you want to surrender GST number because your turnover is less than ₹ 20 Lakhs :
* Make online application through GST Portal for cancellation of GST Number in GST Registration Form-29.
* Fill basic details.
* State the reason of cancellation.
* Provide information about invoices issued during the month .
* Submit application.