Updated: Apr 2, 2020
India's largest public sector bank State Bank of India (SBI) has come forward with RBI Moratorium policy on EMIs of term loans. SBI has already notified about the opt in guidelines to defer the installments. If you have active loan with SBI and want to defer the EMI falls due between March 1, 2020 to May 31, 2020. You can apply to opt in emi moratorium for 3 months.
Let's have a general FAQs on SBI moratorium opt in.
1. Who is eligible to apply for EMI moratorium with SBI ?
Every borrower who has active term loan with SBI and whose EMI falls due between March 1,2020 to May 31, 2020.
2. Is credit card dues also eligible for moratorium ?
Yes, credit card dues are also covered.
3. How to apply for EMI moratorium ?
Application to opt in for emi moratorium can be made by sending mail to SBI. Alternatively you can apply by visiting home branch.
4. Can I apply for refund of the EMI already paid ?
Yes, if it falls due and paid between March 1,2020 to May 31, 2020
5. Should I send mail if I don't want to avail EMI moratorium ?
6. Should I go with emi moratorium ?
It is suggested to pay your emi, If you can ! Just remember it is deferment of emi not waived off.
7. What type of loans are eligible for emi deferment ?
All the term loans like personal loan, home loan, auto loan and credit card dues are eligible for emi deferment.
8. Should I pay additional amount in the name of late fees, penalty or interest ?
No late fees or penalty is charged but interest will be charged at existing rate.
9. Will it affect my credit score ?
No it will not affect your credit.
For more details about emi moratorium :